Saturday, August 27, 2011

"Selling" Saturday

Tossed and turned all night again. I wake up so tired in the morning. I had planned on going for a morning walk before it got too hot, but it was already over 75º when I got up at 7:00 am, plus I had someone coming to buy my recumbent exercise bike that I had posted on Craig's list. He had called last night after 9:00 pm and wanted to come then and get it. I told him NO WAY! Anyway, he came by around 10:45 this morning and got it. By that time it was already over 90º, so no walk. Then I decided to post my old BBQ grill on Craig's List as a freebie. My phone has been ringing off the hook! I had to put a message on my answering machine to tell people that I promised the first woman who called that I would hold it until 4:00 pm for her, so I've been telling everyone else that if she does not take it, I will leave it on Craig's List and the first person who calls can come and get it. Wonder what Ben would think about me selling and “giving” these things away. He and I had not used the BBQ grill since last December and then we used it for his memorial service lunch, but I would not use it just for me. I have a small camping gas grill that I can use if I really get desperate for a grilled steak, which I don't think I will. Ben was the steak lover, not me. I've also posted Ben's collection of Andy Griffith collector plates on Craig's List plus my collection of Y&R collector plates. I have no use for them anymore. Got up to 107º here today.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you are able to get rid of some of these things.It may be hard at times to let go,but I think,it is another way of making closure.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay