Wednesday, October 31, 2012

5 Mile Hike Today

BOO! Happy Halloween to you all. Hiker and I will be hiding in our bedroom tonight with all of the lights out because we don't give out candy. Ben and I gave out candy the first 2 years we were married, then we moved into a mobile home park where they didn't allow the kids to come into the park. They would set up a table out front of the main gate and handed out candy there. We got so used to not giving out candy that we never gave it out after we moved where I live now. I also don't want Hiker barking at everyone going up and down the street when I'm trying to watch TV, so I'll take her into the bedroom, close the door and watch TV in there. Jean came by at 8:00 am and I took her over to Placerita Canyon for her first hike since she was in Girl Scouts. We hiked 5.3 miles along The Canyon Trail. It was a little chilly when we started, but warmed up quite a bit on the way back down the trail. There were a lot of people hiking this morning making us wonder if people in our valley work anymore (LOL). Hiker got to meet and greet 4 dogs along the way. There were park maintenance people cleaning up brush and trees along the trail. When we got home, I made lunch for myself and crashed on the sofa. My body was aching from the hike because it has been several months since Hiker and I have been out on a long hike like that. I'm sure Jean is going to be sore and exhausted too, but she seemed to enjoy the hike. Was cooler today than it has been. Only got up to 80° today.

Me, Hiker & Jean (my friend/neighbor and Hiker's groomer)

1 comment:

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay