Saturday, October 13, 2012

Visit From An Old Friend

It was one year ago today that I adopted Hiker. She has been the one main thing that has helped me get through my grief from losing Ben. I do not know what I would do without her. Hiker and I slept in this morning. When we got up we headed out for our morning walk. Was a little chilly out...around 50°. Around 11:00 am, my long-time friend Marla came by with her brother Gary. Marla and I met between 35 and 40 years ago when we both worked at Lockheed in Burbank, CA. She and my brother Keith dated for awhile too, so she was almost my sister-in-law. She married a guy (Jim) whom she met at Lockheed and they moved to Oklahoma, so we don't get to see each other very much, but when we do, it's like we've never been that far away from each other. Marla was here with me for a week when Ben was in the hospital. She wanted to meet Hiker and they got along really well. We spent a few hours talking, went for another walk with Hiker and then Marla, Gary and I went for lunch at Arby's and then they headed back to Gary's home. It actually got back up to 85° here today. I think we've lost Autumn again.

Me, Hiker & Marla

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay