Friday, October 26, 2012

Windy Day

I did not hear the wind start blowing until about 3:00 am. It woke me up. I wasn't sure if Jean would want to go out for our Friday dog-walk this morning, be she did, we walked our usual 1.5 miles. However, she didn't get to stay for the dogs to have their play-date because the community wanted to come to her house this morning and change out her utility meters. They changed mine out before Ben died because our gas meter was leaking. They said that they try to swap out the meters every 20 years and mine were 20 years old in 2011. So we did our walk and then she went home, so I made some poached eggs for me and Hiker and then I went up to Stater Brothers to get some groceries. I think I'm spending less for groceries at Stater Brothers than I was when I shopped for groceries at Wal-Mart because at Wal-Mart, I would also wander through the store and buy other things that I really didn't need. After shopping, I decided to change the comforter on my bed and wash the one I had used all summer. After lunch I took Hiker over to Central Park where we did a 1.9 mile walk. While walking by the dog park I guess Hiker remembered she'd been there before and she wanted to go in. She kept pulling me toward the gate so I took her in for a little while. There were no other dogs there at the time. I took her leash off and she ran around a little but still stayed very close to me. It was still windy and warm. We got up to 81° today. The wind makes the sky so clear and blue. I like wind as long as it is not damaging.

Looking north across Central Park in Saugus, CA


Saw this praying mantis on a rock near my front porch this afternoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay