Thursday, October 11, 2012

Rainy Afternoon

I sure slept good last night. I guess I was tired from the long drive back from northern California. I went to bed at 8:30 pm and fell asleep immediately. Beautiful morning here in SoCal. Was 54° and very cloudy at 6:30 am and at 11:30 am it was 66° and partly cloudy. Hiker and I got up around 7:00 am and had breakfast. I did a load of laundry and I put my fall decorations out on my front porch. Hiker and I went for a walk around 10:00 am. Nice to walk and not have it be 100°. Around 1:15 pm, we started hearing a little bit of thunder and Hiker retreated to the corner in the living room. Got more thunder than rain. They are saying we may be back up into the 90's by Sunday and Monday. I was just getting used to having Fall weather. Been trying to catch up on all of my prime-time TV shows that I missed while I was at my brother's. I had planned to take Hiker out for a second walk this afternoon but with the thunder and lightning, I could not do that. I've heard of those “thunder shirts” for dogs. Hiker does not have one but she does have a “quilted” jacket that I decided to put around her like the “thunder shirt” and it seems to have helped her somewhat. She settled down on the sofa during the thunder storm. We were only supposed to have 40% chance of rain today, but it poured all afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay