Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Double Walk Day

Hiker woke me up at 5:45 am to go outside. The thermometer on the patio said it was 40°. When she was done, I turned on the furnace and we went back to bed. The bed felt so warm and cozy, we both feel back to sleep and didn't wake up until 8:00 am. I had planned on getting up around 7:00 and taking Hiker over to Bridgeport for a walk around their lake, but....Headed over to Sam's Club at 10:00 to pick up some things I had run out of. Hiker went with me. I put gasoline in my Corolla and it was down to $3.999 which is much better than it was awhile back. Took Hiker for a 1.5 mile walk when we got back. They are saying on the Local News that we are going to get into the mid-80's this weekend and that we are going to have extremely high winds like 20 to 40 mph here in the Santa Clarita Valley. That scares me because back in 2007 we had extremely high winds the last weekend of October and a huge brush fire came through and Ben and I had to evacuate on that Sunday night. Thank goodness none of the houses caught fire in our community, but some up the road from us did burn. This afternoon I took Hiker over to Bridgeport Lake for a walk since we didn't get over there this morning. It was a beautiful afternoon and great weather for a walk.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay