Friday, September 9, 2011

Ben's 61st Birthday (Or his "60 Forever Day")


Today's quote:

“Tearless grief bleeds inwardly”~Christian Nevell Bovee

Did not get to sleep until almost 2:00 am this morning. Don't know if it was because Keith had been here for 3 days and had just left to go home yesterday evening, so I knew I was alone again, or if it was because today would have been Ben's 61st birthday. Once I did go to sleep, I think I slept through the night. Sometimes I do not remember if I get up at night or not. I woke up around 6:00 am and could not go back to sleep. I do not understand how I get by on only 4 or 5 hours of sleep each night. When Ben was alive, I always got 7 or 8 hours. I met my friends Linda, DeDee and Judy at Backwoods Inn at 11:45 am for lunch. We toasted Ben and then we ate and sat there and talked for about 3 hours. It felt cooler outside today. Thermometer read 96° but it still felt cooler. Tomorrow it's only supposed to be about 85° here. Now for another lonely weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I remember Jake's first birthday after he was not with me,it was a hard day.as for getting by on little sleep,I did that for quite a while,but now I am back to needing more again.I hope that the weekend will hold some happy surprises for you.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay