Saturday, September 10, 2011

Saturday Wasn't Too Bad


Today's quote:

“Do not protect yourself from grief by a fence, but rather by your friends”~Czech Proverb

For some reason, after I got home from going to lunch with the girls yesterday, I felt totally exhausted. I stretched out on the sofa in front of the TV and actually kept dozing off, so I took a shower and got my jammies on around 5:30 pm and just relaxed. I continued dozing off watching the TV so I finally got off the sofa around 9:00 and went to bed, which as you know, is early for me these days. I feel to sleep almost immediately and I think I slept through the night. Had some dreams, but do not remember what they were. When I woke up this morning, I felt “hung over” even though I do not drink alcohol. Stayed in bed for awhile. After I got up, I went for a 1.5 mile walk. It was really nice and cool outside this morning. After lunch, I was sitting in the living room watching the movie “My Girl” on ABC Family HD. I had the front door and sliding door to the patio open. I started hearing thunder and then it started raining big drops. Smelled good and I really enjoy the sound of the thunder. Then I heard a train whistle across the valley. I wished Ben was here to enjoy this with me. He loved the sound of the train whistles and he'd really be enjoying this weather. I just went outside to look at the weather again. The sun is shining here, but to the northeast, there is a huge storm cell. Looks like it might be heading this way. Heard that northeast of us in Acton that they have been having flash floods for about an hour along with huge hail. Wonder if it will get to me? If so, I'll have to log off the computer.

2 comments:

  1. I hope that severe weather does not hit you.Isn't it interesting how even a train whistle or some thunder can bring back those wonderful memories? I guess that is as it should be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have some storms heading our way as it looks like on the radar. Hope you have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay