Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Got A Good Deal On A Pair Of Jeans Today


Today's quote:

“Good-bye is only truly painful if you know you'll never say hello again”~Anonymous

Slept in a little this morning then got up, had breakfast and headed over to Wal-Mart to pick up some groceries. While driving home, I was thinking about how they call our spouses “our better half”. Now that Ben is gone, I totally understand why they refer to them that way because when they pass away, it's like half of us is gone too, and it is our “better half”. Later I went over to Kohl's because I had received another free $10 gift card from them. I picked up a pair of Levis for $5.43 using the card. I sure hate it when I'm doing something like making lunch and a memory of something Ben did or said comes to mind and I start to cry. That happened to me today. I sobbed for about 5 minutes. These episodes sneak up on me when I least expect it. The sobbing can last just a few minutes or as long as 20 minutes. I just let the tears flow and then I wipe my eyes and go back to whatever I was doing. I have learned that I cannot control these moments, so I just let them “run their course”. The waste management company exchanged my 95 gallon trash bin for the 33 gallon trash bin today. The new one is really a lot smaller, but I'll bet I still won't fill it up each week. Got up to almost 100° here again today. I sure wish the fall weather would get here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay