Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Another Beautiful Day

Ever since we change time, I have trouble getting up in the morning. Just about the time I get used to it, they will have us change back to standard time. Hiker and I went over to Wal-Mart this morning to get a few groceries and then came back home and went for a walk. I ran into my neighbor who started doing dog grooming after she retired from her job a couple of years ago. I asked her about her credentials and she told me she went to grooming school because one of her dogs would always have seizures when she took her to have her groomed, so she wanted to learn how to do it at home. She charges $10 to $15 less than the place I took Hiker to last week, so I think I might start having her groom Hiker next time. Took Hiker over to Towsley Canyon this afternoon. We didn't really do a hike, we just walked around and enjoyed Mother Nature. We met a young woman there from Switzerland. I would guess she was in her 20's. She told me that she was here in the United States for the first time and that she was here alone. I told her she was very brave to go on such a trip alone. She said she had been to the Grand Canyon in Arizona, San Diego, CA, and stopped in Santa Clarita on her way to Sequoia National Park and then to San Francisco and then she will head home. She said that sometimes it is scary when she doesn't know where she is supposed to go, but that so far, everyone has been very nice and helpful to her. She said the only thing she really did not like is that she gets lonely. She said next time she comes here, she will bring a friend. Was in the mid-70's today.


1 comment:

  1. Hiker in front of the green grass looks like a picture to be framed.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay