Sunday, March 18, 2012

Cold And Cloudy Sunday

It rained a little more last night but woke up to a sunny morning. There was a dusting of the snow on the mountain tops surrounding our valley. Took Hiker for a short 1 mile walk. Didn't want to be out long in case my handy man comes by today about the roof. I called him to see when he'd be coming for sure and he said he cannot get here until tomorrow afternoon when he gets off work. The sun went “in and out” all day long. A few times it looked like it was going to pour and then others, it looked like it was going to clear up. Watched a few movies on TV and worked one of my jigsaw puzzles. Took Hiker out for another 1 mile walk in the afternoon. At least she was happy she got to go walking twice today, even though they were short walks. As I've mentioned...I have been starting to clean and go through things in the house. I did the garage first and then moved on to my computer room. I just finished the computer room this morning and now I will move on to the hall closet just outside of my front bathroom. I'm taking my time, so it will be awhile before I am finished with the entire house. Back in 2006 right after I retired, I did a thorough cleaning for the garage and house and I did it all in about 2 weeks. This time I'm going slower to make sure I don't toss anything of Ben's that I really want to keep. Got an email from my older brother Ron who lives in Paradise, CA. He said it was snowing really hard there.

Here is Hiker in her jacket this morning. I think she is finally getting used to it.


2 comments:

  1. Hiker looks quite cute in her little jacket. Hope the roof turns out to be just a minor fix. We've been getting a little rain on and off this week. I think there is a chance for the next few days. Hope you have a good week ahead. Take care, Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I was going to say Hiker looked cute in the jacket but Sheila Y. above has already said it!
    When you finish sorting out things in your house, could you come and do the same for me? Thank you!
    Your weather sounds lovely, it was 85 degrees here today, I will swap with you!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay