Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Perfect Weather Today

Last evening, Hiker and I were sitting on the sofa together. Keith had left to go home yesterday morning after visiting for 5 days and I hugged Hiker and told her it was just her and me again. I am so glad I adopted her. I do not know what I would do without her. I'd be so lonely. When my brother Keith is here visiting, my life feels “almost normal” like it did when Ben was alive. I have someone to have conversation with, someone to run around with, etc. I have fun, I laugh, I enjoy. Then Keith goes home and Hiker and I are here alone again and once again I realize things will never be “normal” again. It was in the high 30's outside when we got up this morning. I decided to try out my new Dyson Ball Vacuum and get Hiker's hair out of the carpet. The Dyson actually weighs 2 more pounds than my Dirt Devil Vacuum but because it maneuvers so much easier than my old vac, it feels lighter. I also think it picked up a lot more of the dog hair out of the carpet. I liked it! Took Hiker out for a 1.5 mile morning walk. There was a chilly wind blowing. I went through my credenza in my computer room today and tossed a lot of papers that I didn't need any more. The drawers were becoming a place to just put things when I didn't know where else to place them. Next I will go through the drawers in the dresser I have in that room. My dad built the dresser so I will never give it up, but I'm sure there are a lot of things in the drawers that I'll be able to toss. After lunch I took Hiker over to Bridgeport Lake/Park and we walked around the lake. Hiker wanted to “herd” the ducks and the geese there. She was doing that “herding stance” that her breed does. They crouch down to where they are almost on their belly but they walk toward the “herd” and they do not take their eyes off of them. It was a nice walk. The temperature was in the high 60's and the sun was warm.


Hiker has her own Facebook page now. If you'd like to “friend” her, here is the link:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003611675094




2 comments:

  1. I can understand you enjoy the companionship of Keith, it's a familiar and friendly face...
    Time moves on, your life forever changed, even though, Ben will always be in your heart and thoughts.

    Hiker is the sweetest girl, full of energy, she helps distract you :)

    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad your brother Keith was able to come and visit with you. He and Hiker are greats companions for you. Love the cute shot of Hiker and the ducks.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay