Friday, March 30, 2012

Kept Busy All Day

Well I have noticed that since I've stopped taking the Red Yeast Rice, my muscle pain has stopped, I am not feeling fatigued and I am not feeling light-headed, so I guess it was causing all of those things. I let my doctor know I had stopped taking it so he suggested I try Cholest-off which I had tried a few years ago but it didn't help lower my cholesterol any. I think it was because I was not taking the suggested dosage. I'm going to give it another try. This morning I went to Wal-Mart and did a little grocery shopping, then came home and mopped my floors and then headed over to Sam's Club to get a few more things there. Wal-Mart and Sam's are next door to each other, but I cannot get into Sam's until 10:00 because of my type of membership and I like going to Wal-Mart before they get crowded, which doesn't take very long. On my way to Sam's Club, I stopped at Eyeglasses Direct to have them make me some new Transition Lenses. I got some glasses last year at Sears with Transition Lenses. The had put some “anti-glare” coating on the lenses and that coating went bad and caused spots on my lenses. Sears is more expensive than Eyeglasses Direct plus Sears takes about 2 weeks and Eyeglasses direct takes about 5 days, so I decided to go there and get new lenses. While at Wal-Mart I kept a promise I had made to Hiker and bought her a new "BIG" ball since the last one I got her "popped". This time I bought her an official Wilson Volleyball so hopefully it will last a lot longer. Some of you may remember that several months ago I was having a problem with rats on my patio and under my manufactured home. They were after the birdseed I had in feeders on my patio. This was before I had Hiker. Anyway, my niece Darrah had told me to get some d-Con rat poison and said it was the best for killing them. She was right. It did get rid of them...for awhile. I remember I could smell where they had died under my house and I didn't see them on the patio anymore. It appears some have still been under my house in the crawl space because I have been putting the d-Con just inside the entrance to the crawl space next to my sump pump on a regular basis and I've noticed that the d-Con tray is empty. There was a lot of rat poop around the empty tray. I also smell decomp coming through my air/heating vents from under the house again. They always seem to die under my computer room for some reason. This time the smell is stronger than normal so I'm thinking maybe the entire nest of them died. I bought a couple of those Air Wick Oil Warmer Plug-ins and they seems to be helping a lot to get rid of the smell. I put more poison in the crawl space again too. Hiker cannot get to it as the crawl space has a heavy wooden cover over it. For some reason my gardener showed up and mowed the lawn today. He usually comes on Saturday. Ben's sister Donna and her husband Rich and daughter Beth are going to be in town from Las Vegas this weekend. Their son Richard and his family live about 4 or 5 miles from me and Donna, Rich and Beth are coming to visit them. Donna said they are going to try to come have lunch with me while they are here. Don't know what day that will be though.


1 comment:

  1. Lucky hiker gets a new ball. Do make sure she can't get near any of the poison.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay