Saturday, March 31, 2012

Gray Saturday

There was a marine layer this morning so it was very dark and gray outside. Took hiker for a short 1 mile walk this morning down to Discovery Park. Wanted to get back home and do a load of laundry. I used to love cool, overcast days...now I cannot stand them because they make me feel so blue and lonely. Ben and I used to go way up the coast to northern California. We loved the areas of Humboldt and Del Norte Counties. It was always overcast, foggy, cloudy, etc. up there. People used to tell us they could not understand why we went there since it was so “dreary” all of the time, but we loved it because it was such a contrast from where we lived in southern California. Since Ben died, all I want are sunny days because anything else makes me so sad. Sat around all day watching a “Waltons” marathon on the Hallmark Channel. Decided to take Hiker out for another walk in the afternoon. The sun was “trying” to peek out but the wind was blowing and it was still pretty chilly. Never even got up to 60° today.


2 comments:

  1. Kay-
    it is quite dreary here today as well, it sure does make me feel blue as well. That is neat that you and Ben used to go to Humboldt and Del Norte Counties where it was cloudy- that sounds interesting! I'm sure it is a lot more lonely with the dreary weather when you are alone and remembering memories of your husband. I am praying for you Kay! Hope the sun comes out soon for you soon to help uplift your spirits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Britt. You may be young but your are very wise for your age.

      Hugs,
      Kay

      Delete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay