Thursday, March 15, 2012

Fun Day Out With The Girls

Don't remember if I mentioned this before or not, but the therapist who leads our grief group often says that we need to “create” happiness in our lives with things that make us feel good. She suggests that we use things that might trigger happy memories for us. She says we can do this by looking at old photos, listening to music, etc. She suggests that there are certain sounds, smells, tastes, etc. than can take us to our “happy place”. I have found that watching Hiker run back and forth from one end of the house to the other with a toy in her mouth makes me happy. Hearing my wind chimes calms me. I love the sound of the freight trains that go through our valley late at night. When you've lost a spouse, you find that it's the simple things in life that are really important. Went to get my Lottery tickets this morning and took Hiker on a short walk. My back is still feeling like it might go out on me, so I'm trying to be very careful. You would think with all of the walking I do, my back would be pretty strong. Lunch planned today with several of my retired girlfriends. It originally started out that 10 of us were going, then one-by-one things happened and it got down to 5 of us. Lunch actually turned out very well however. Two of the ladies who didn't think they would make it DID make it after all, so there were 6 of us there. Maybe it was just me, but for some reason, the food at Hometown Buffet was not very good today. I usually go back for more food at least once, but I didn't today. When I got home, Hiker was excited to see me. I took her out for another short walk, then she was satisfied and she took an afternoon nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay