Thursday, June 28, 2012

I Made A Decision Today

I think I was having dreams all night last night a because of it, I feel like I did not get much sleep even though I know I did sleep. Don't really remember details of the dreams except the last one just before Hiker woke me up. I was sitting next to Ben and had my arm looped through his. I remember I said something to him, but don't remember what it was and he turned to look at me and he smiled. Next thing I knew, Hiker was waking me up to let her outside. Got up and took her for a 1.8 mile walk. There wasn't anyone out on the path this morning which I found kind of strange. Thought people would get out before the heat comes as the TV News said we would be about 95° today. I made a decision this morning to start going through my bedroom closet and dressers and start going through the remainder of Ben's belongings. Most of his shirts had been used to cut pieces from to make the memory pillow that Ben's sister made for me. What was left were shirts that he very rarely wore and his slacks. I went through the pockets and carefully folded each garment and put them into bags to take to the Goodwill. Everything went fine until I went through a small bag that he used for his toiletries when we would go on trips. Going through those things made me cry. I sat on the floor and cried for about 10 minutes and Hiker tried to console me the entire time. I only got through about half of the closet today and will probably continue on it tomorrow. After lunch I drove over to the Goodwill Donation Station and dropped off 2 bags of clothes, a box of shoes and a few other things then I went to Sam's Club and picked up a few things I needed. When I went by the thermometer at the Jr. High School it said it was 97° at around 1:30 pm.

The first load of Ben's things that went to Goodwill

1 comment:

  1. I have a friend that took ten years to donate her hubby's things and another friend who did it the week after he passed. It is a difficult decision, I know, to part with your loved ones things. Waiting for the right time has to be up to you. I am glad you are moving forward and that those things of your husband will be recycled. take care.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay