Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Visiting Woodpecker

The new hedgehog was in the pile with her other toys when we went to bed Tuesday night. Very early Wednesday morning (around 3:00 am), she got out of bed and went into the living room. She does that sometimes to get a toy or her bone and she brings it back to bed. Well, I don't know if she forgot that she had a new toy or what, but she woke me up barking angrily. I thought someone was outside messing with my car or something so I got up to see what she was barking at. I found her in the living room standing by her toy pile. Her hair was standing up on her back and I realized she was barking at the new hedgehog. I don't know if she forgot that she got a new toy or what, but obviously she realized there was something strange in the pile. I finally calmed her down and she sniffed the new toy and then brought it back to bed with us. She did the same thing several months back when I found an old teddy bear of Ben's and set it on my bed. She came into the bedroom that night and noticed that something "strange" was sitting on the bed and she went crazy. She's so silly. When we finally got up this morning, there was a thick marine layer again but they have been quickly each day and then it gets very warm. Today is the summer solstice on this side of the earth, so will be the longest day of the year. Got up to about 80° here today so it wasn't too bad.

This Nuttall's Woodpecker was on my patio this morning. I have never seen it before.


2 comments:

  1. I was just thinking about how reassuring that must be to have Hiker with you. If she is that sensitive to things that are out of place to her, then how much more would she be sure to alert to something that was really wrong. How great is that?! We have a dog that stays outside and for the most part, she is pretty good with not barking at ANYTHING random, but sometimes, when I REALLY think that something MIGHT be wrong, it turns out to be just a squirrel that is irritating her. Ha!

    Hope your upcoming weekend is a good one. =)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay