Friday, June 22, 2012

Visit To Old Town Newhall, CA

I really need to do two things....not eat too much and try to get up earlier in the morning. I used to never stay in bed any later than 7:00 am. For years when I was working, I had to get up at 4:00 am because I had to commute 40 miles one way. When I retired, it was a luxury to sleep in until 7:00 am. I do remember though that the first summer after I retired, I'd get up around 5:30 am to get out and take a 2 mile walk every morning before it got too hot outside. Hiker and I went for our morning walk around 8:30 this morning. Ran into our neighbor Brenda along the way, so she walked back home with us. After lunch, Hiker and I headed over to Old Town Newhall to walk around and so I could take some photos. Walked down Main Street and took a few photos of our “Cowboy Walk Of Fame”. Hollywood has their “Stars Walk Of Fame” and Newhall has it's cowboys. Below is a link if anyone is interested in knowing more about the “Cowboy Walk Of Fame”. I took a few photos of some of the plaques along the sidewalk. We also went over to Veterans Memorial Park and took a few photos. Got up to around 80° again today. Hiker noticed an alligator lizard that's been hanging out on our patio for a couple of weeks today. She had not noticed it before and she sat by the sliding door whimpering until I let her out and then she took of chasing that lizard. It got away.

Cowboy Walk Of Fame

Here is Hiker with the drummer statue at Veterans Memorial Park

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay