Friday, July 6, 2012

Another Friday Come and Gone

Had a dream with Ben in it last night. He and I were out hiking with Hiker which is very strange because Ben never went walking or hiking with me. He was not “outdoorsy” and he had bad feet all of his life. Anyway, we were on vacation somewhere and we went for this hike. Ben would not stay on the trail and kept taking off alone until he was down in the canyon below me and Hiker. I kept yelling to him to get back up on the trail. When I got to the end of the trail Ben was not there. There was a nature center and I found a ranger and told him that I could not find Ben. I tried to call him on his cell phone but I could not get a signal. Finally Ben showed up and I woke up. When I got out of bed this morning, I poached a couple of eggs for me and Hiker and then I headed over to Wal-Mart to do some grocery shopping. I used to lover going grocery shopping with Ben because we made it fun. It's no fun anymore. I also used to love to go to Wal-Mart a couple of times a month and spend an hour or so there just wandering around. Ben would be at work and sometimes when I came out to the car, he was driving through the lot in his work truck and he'd stop to say hi and ask me what I had bought. Now going to Wal-Mart is a chore and I don't enjoy it anymore. After I got home from shopping, I put Hiker in the car and we headed over to Central Park in Saugus and we took a walk, plus I turned her loose in the dog park (Central Bark). This time there were a lot of dogs there, but Hiker didn't go near any of them. She stayed right at my side the entire time we were in there. I would try to walk away from her and she would just follow me and then stand next to me.

A photo from our morning walk

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay