Tuesday, July 10, 2012

HOT...HOT...HOT!

Had trouble going to sleep last night so I took a sleep aid, but still didn't sleep very well. It was already in the 70's by the time Hiker and I got out of bed. Didn't take her for a morning walk because I didn't want to get all sweaty before I went to my grief group. About 30 minutes before I was going to leave for the Senior Center, I got an email from the City of Santa Clarita with breaking news that there was a fatal accident on the route I take to the center, so I had to leave earlier than normal to go around the traffic. The traffic ended up not being as bad as I expected and I got to the Center about 20 minutes early. Group was pretty good today, but my favorite time is after when some of us go to lunch together. I look forward to that every week. We decided to go to Cathy's Deli not far from the Senior Center and wouldn't you know...Edwin (the obnoxious guy) and his daughter also went there for lunch. He came over to our table and would not stop talking. Finally his daughter came over and dragged him back to their table. We were afraid that he was going to try to sit with us. The accident was all cleaned up by the time I headed home. When I drove passed the Jr. High School, their thermometer read 110°. The one on my patio read 105° but who could tell the difference? Hiker was so excited to see me. I'm glad I don't have to leave her in the garage anymore when I'm away from home. Even though I have A/C out there, it is so much better for her in the house. It felt so nice and cool when I walked into the house.

I did not take this photo, but this is where we had lunch:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay