Friday, July 20, 2012

Shopping For A Couch

I didn't feel very well last night so I went to bed at 8:00 pm and fell right to sleep. I woke up around 1:00 am and had trouble going back to sleep. I turned the TV on and finally fell back to sleep around 2:30 am. Woke up again around 4:30 am but dozed off and on until around 6:45 am. Hiker and I went for another walk with Jean (Hiker's groomer) and her 3 dogs and then we went back to my house again and put all of the dogs out in the yard together. This time Hiker was still a little shy, but she was showing improvement with the dogs. A couple of times she tried to play a little with them. Most of the time though, she just sat next to me and watched them. She's still “afraid” of Jean. I think it mostly has to do with the fact that Hiker hates baths and she associates Jean with the bathtub. Hopefully she will come around. After Jean and the dogs left, Hiker and I came into the house and Hiker started doing her “psycho dog” run all over the house. Then she went into the backyard and went around sniffing all of the places where the other dogs had been. This afternoon I decided to go to some furniture stores here in my area because I want to buy a new sectional couch with a chaise. I found two in the style I want but at one store, they only have it in gray and I want it in dark brown. Another store has it in dark brown but it comes with a huge ottoman which I really do not need but they won't cell me just the couch because they won't break up the set. Now I'm trying to decide if I have room in my living room for the ottoman too. I think I do so I need to decide if I want this set. It's on sale for $999. The regular price is $1599 so it's a good deal. I may go back tomorrow. I called them back to ask how long the couch would be on sale and they said probably for the next two weeks. Got up to 101° here today.

Here is the couch I want. I wish my room looked like that (LOL)

1 comment:

  1. That couch looks sharp. It's too bad they won't split the set for you. I hate when you find something you want at a good price and things do NOT fall into place. Good Luck. I think you're right. The more Hiker is exposed to the other dogs, the more liely she is to come around. take care.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay