Thursday, January 10, 2013

Cold Wind

Got up at 6:15 am to let Hiker out to potty and it was cold, cloudy and windy. Hiker and I went back to bed and slept in until 8 am. It felt so warm and toasty under those covers that if Hiker had not been bugging me to get up at 8 am, I probably would have stayed there all day (LOL). Put Hiker in the car to go with me to pick up my Lotto tickets and noticed that the wind was freezing cold. No morning walk for us. Too damn cold. The sun came out later in the morning, but didn't warm up much. After lunch, Hiker kept attacking me on the sofa. She kept licking my neck and pawing at me, so I asked her if she wanted to go for a walk. When I said that, she got even more excited, so off we went. The sun was out and thermometer said it was in the mid-50's but the wind was still making it colder than that. I had to bundle up. Had a ball cap on but had to pull up my hood to keep my ears warm and the wind was making my eyes water.

1 comment:

  1. I had to chuckle a little bit when I read your entry from today, Kay. Here in northern Indiana my husband & I were just waiting for the thermometer to climb to 41 degrees... cos that means it's warms enough to go for a ride on the Harley. *lol* It hit that about 1pm today so off we went.... we rode for about an hour. Our faces were numb when we got home but it was so refreshing to breathe-in the nice fresh cold air. :) We're supposed to have a "heat wave" by Saturday... temps in the low 50's. We're so excited!! *ha-ha*

    You & Hiker keep warm & toasty tonight.

    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay