Monday, January 28, 2013

Great Afternoon For A Hike

Got up earlier this morning because we had a dog walk date with Jean. It was cold outside while we were walking. I didn't get much sleep last night. For the first time in months, I could not go to sleep. I watched TV until midnight and still was not sleepy. I finally took a sleeping pill and went to sleep around 1 am. Don't know what was wrong because I didn't have anything “special” on my mind. When we got back from our walk, I made breakfast and then went for my weekly grocery shopping. I didn't even go grocery shopping last week. My list was very small last week so decided to wait. Tried to make an appointment to have my 4Runner serviced next month but got my service manager's voice mail so left her a message. Hiker had wanted to ride in the care with me this morning to the grocery store, but I told her I'd take her for a ride this afternoon. She kept watching me as I was eating lunch and watching “The Young & The Restless” on TV. I told her that when the TV show was over, we would go somewhere in the car. That little booger knew when the show was over because as soon as the closing music came on, she jumped on the sofa and started pawing at me and kissing me. She was ready to go. It was chilly outside...only in the low-50's, but it was beautiful outside. We drove to Placerita Canyon State Park and hiked about half-way up the Canyon Trail and back. We did 2.7 miles round trip. Maybe I'll sleep better tonight.




1 comment:

  1. Oh Kay, what beautiful pictures! Everything looks so nice & green!! And what a smart baby Hiker is... WOW!! And some people call them "dumb animals"... uhhhh, don't think so, folks! *ha-ha*

    Hope you have a better night's sleep tonight. I'm sure you will.

    --Andrea
    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay