Tuesday, January 8, 2013

So Good To Be Back In Group

Today was the first day back at my grief support group since a week before Christmas. Was good to see everyone again. All of the usual people were there. While at the Senior Center, I signed up for the AARP Senior Driver Safety Course for next month. They have one this month but it's next week and I had some other things planned for the days they have it. It is a 2 day (4 hours each day) course. No testing or anything, just watching movies and listening to the instructor. After I complete the course, I will get a certificate and if I send that certificate to my auto insurance agent, I will get another discount on my auto policy. Went to lunch at Red Robin with the group ladies (DeDee, Jane, Gin, Linda and Carol). Hiker was so happy to see me when I got home. This was the first time in 3 weeks that I had left her alone for more than an hour or so. I took her for a short 3/4 of a mile walk around the neighborhood. It was in the mid-70's so I opened the house up for a little while. Don't think I'll have dinner tonight since I had a big lunch.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful day, Kay!! Holidays are hard now, I'm sure, that your beloved is not here to celebrate them with you. Friends (especially ones who are grieving also) must be a great comfort & very sweet fellowship. I'm glad you have them.

    Temperatures in the 70s... I think I need to move to southern California. :-) Course, I have no right to complain even here in northern Indiana... it's another abnormally warm winter again this year. We're down 14" of snow so far, for the season, and that was a couple weeks ago. Makes me wonder whether there really IS something to this global warming stuff.

    Have a nice evening!!

    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay