Sunday, January 20, 2013

Great Hiking Weather

Got up before 8 am and Hiker and I headed over to Towsley Canyon to hike up to The Narrows. We did a 3.26 mile hike. I really, really, REALLY need to get back to more walks and more hikes. I was huffing and puffing after about a mile going up the hill. As I've said before, when I do the dog walks with Jean, it is more stopping than walking and lately when I've been taking Hiker for walks, they have been short, easy walks. The weather was beautiful...in the mid-60's and very sunny. There were a lot of people out hiking. When we got to Towsley, I didn't think I was going to find a place to park as both “no-fee” parking lots were totally full, but I finally did find a spot. A lot of people had their dogs and Hiker wanted to greet everyone of them, but some of them were not friendly and would growl. She did meet a really pretty Aussie Sheep Dog. It was beautiful. Black and white with freckles on its chest and legs like Hiker has and it had beautiful blue eyes. There were also a lot of mountain bikers. More than I've ever seen there, but they seemed to be more polite than the bike riders over in Placerita Canyon. They made noise to let us know they were behind us and they slowed down when passing us on the trail. I think Hiker was pooped from the hike because she took a long afternoon nap.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay