Sunday, May 5, 2013

From Summer Heat To Winter Cold In One Day

What a difference a couple of days make. Here we were in the 90's with high winds. This morning Hiker and I woke up to a totally cloudy, cool day. I went from sandals, shorts and a t-shirt to jeans and a long sleeved shirt. It has been drizzling off and on and there is a nice breeze. I took Hiker with me in the car (she loves to ride) to buy my Lottery tickets. I had planned on taking her for a walk when we got back home, but the drizzling rain killed my mood for a walk. Feels more like a day to stay inside and watch movies. I made myself some pancakes and then did a little house work. While cleaning house, I had a crying spell. That's the first one in a long time. Don't know what brought it on. My theory is that it's Sunday. Everyone in my support group says Sundays are the worst days for them. None of us have figured out why yet. The cloudy weather probably had something to do with it too. The anniversary of Ben's and my first real date is coming up on May 11th. I know my dear friend Paula remembers that day...sailing over to Catalina. Ben got so seasick. Plus the 2nd anniversary of his death is creeping up on me. Hiker helped me to stop crying by coming over to me and licking me. I don't know what I would do without her. Around 11 am I started hearing a lot of emergency vehicle sirens. Sounding like they were stopping about a mile or so from my house, but could not really tell. The sirens went on for about 15 or 20 minutes. I turned on the local police scanner on my laptop and heard them talking about HazMat, and explosion and the fact that their were several vehicles inside a metal building. Don't know if this information was coming from the location where all of the emergency vehicles went or if it was another problem elsewhere. I had to put a sweat shirt on this afternoon because I was cold. From sandals, shorts and t-shirt yesterday to jeans, long sleeved top and sweat shirt today. Crazy weather. I watched a movie called “One For The Money” on Netflix and then took a short nap. Turned out to be another lazy day. Still have not found out what was with all of the emergency sirens this morning. Maybe I'll hear something later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.