Sunday, May 12, 2013

Hangin' At Home With Hiker On Mother's Day

Got up at 7:30 and headed out for a morning walk. I knew it was going to get hot today, so wanted to get out before the heat arrived. As you know, I hate the heat, plus if the pavement is too hot, it would burn Hiker's paws. We just walked around inside of our community, but we did 2 miles. Came home and had some breakfast and then we went to get my lotto tickets. My friend Ed (Ben's buddy) is up in Idaho at his mom's so when he's away, I have to buy the tickets he and Ben used to share as he and I share them now. He always gives me money ahead of time for his portion of the tickets. Threw my sheets and towels into the washer and did my vacuuming. Picked up a lot of Hiker hair as her summer coat is coming in so her under coat is really shedding. I'm going to have Jean shave her this Friday when she grooms her. I need to start shampooing my carpet this week. I used to do the entire house in one day, but now I split it up into 3 days. By 10:30 am it was already 90° on my patio, so Hiker and I stayed inside with the A/C all day again. Hit 100° by 1 pm.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you and Hiker had a GREAT day. Glad you enjoyed all that sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like hot either Kay. I think we both live in the states but I love Florida inspite of the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're having some nice cool weather here in Alabama right now, but look out from June until!Lol.I stayed in today and did a few odd jobs inside. Just my husband and me here today. Hiker is so cute. Take care. Jean

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay