Thursday, May 9, 2013

Had A Nice Morning Walk

Didn't mention it yesterday but Tuesday night, I had trouble falling asleep for some reason. The last time I remembered looking at the clock it was 2 am and since I got up Wednesday at 6 am for a dog walk with Jean, I had only gotten about 4 hours of sleep that night. So last night, I fell asleep on the sofa while watching “Criminal Minds”. I was still sleepy this morning when Hiker woke me at 6 am to go outside. We went back to bed for awhile. After breakfast, Hiker and I stopped to get my lotto tickets on our way over to Heritage Park Valencia where we did a 2 mile walk this morning. It was beautiful outside and already 70° by 9:30 am. There were a lot of young mothers with their kids at the park, also a lot of people walking dogs and riding bicycles. They have a fiberglass bear at the park. They call it the Heritage Bear and it is covered with historical pictures of Santa Clarita. Hiker took one look at that bear and tried to run in the opposite direction. I don't know if she thought it was real or what. When we got home, we went out into the backyard and I raked leaves while Hiker played with her ball. Yes I said I raked leaves. I have an evergreen shade tree that drops leaves in the spring and summer instead of in the fall. The sun was shining brightly while we were out walking but after noon, it started getting a little overcast again. By 1:30 it was cloudy again which is strange because they had said we should be clear today and through the weekend. I'm hoping that tomorrow is nice because I am going up to Ventura with Jean (my neighbor) and Judy (a long time friend from work). We are hoping to walk along the beach and it would be nice if it was not cloudy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay