Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Kept Busy All Day

Watched a good movie last night on Netflix called “The Gift” with Cate Blanchett. I was dreaming about Ben when I woke up this morning. It was like he was really here with me. I don't dream about him very much. I was dreaming I was outside walking in the dark to my car. It was so dark I could not see but I knew he was behind me and I called his name and he took my hand. Then we were lying in bed next to each other. I told him that I had missed him and that while he was in the hospital, I would imagine he was in bed with me at night while I was sleeping, so I would not be so scared being alone. I remember hugging him and then I woke up. It seemed very real. It's strange because DeDee mentioned yesterday at lunch that she had a dream about her late husband Don and that she doesn't dream of him much either. I'm thinking my dream of Ben has something to do with the fact that in 2 weeks, it will be the 2nd anniversary of his passing. I woke up with tears in my eyes. Made breakfast and then headed over to Wal-Mart. Picked up one of those “pocket hoses” for when I wash my cars. Also bought some dog treats for Hiker, some no-pest strips for the patio, a seat cover for the driver seat of the 4Runner and a rug-runner to put in front of my sofa. Saw Jean walking her dogs to the mail box so looks like Sassy is feeling better today. Filled my hummingbird feeders and did a few other things outside while Hiker played with her ball in the yard. After lunch, I put my new kinetic wind spinner together and put it up next to my patio where I can watch it from the sofa through the sliding glass doors. While Hiker and I were on the patio, Hiker noticed something running across the grass. I thought it was a lizard, but turned out to be a field rat. It ran across my patio and I think it went under the house, which is good, because I have rat poison under there. I think it scared Hiker because right after she saw it running across the patio, she wanted to go into the house and she was “hiding” in the bathroom. Silly dog. I sure have been getting a lot of telemarketing calls lately. If I don't recognize the number on my caller ID I don't answer the call and they never leave a message because they know you won't call them back. I then check the number on a website called where it tells me if it is a telemarketer and about 99% of the time it is. Got to around 80° today.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a happy dream to me, I can never remember my dreams. Maybe I just not sleeping that well to dream. I like your wind spinner. Hope you have a great evening!


I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.