Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Partly Cloudy Day

Got up at 6 am this morning. We had a dog walk with Jean and her 3 dogs. We usually don't have a walk with them on Wednesday, but since it was raining on Monday, we rescheduled. After breakfast, I headed over to Sam's Club to pick up some things. They didn't have the DentaStix that I normally get so I went up to PetSmart after lunch to get some. Hiker loved that because she got a ride in the car and she loves to go to PetSmart because they always give her cookies. She knows where they keep the cookies behind the counter. When we first enter the store, she tries to head for the checkout counter first but I tell her she has to wait. When we check out, she goes right behind the counter, sits down and stares up at the clerk begging for cookies. They always giver her 3 or 4 because she is so cute. After we got home, I took her out for a walk around the community. The last time I was at the office (when I paid my lease) they asked me to bring Hiker by for a visit the next time we were out walking, so we stopped by to visit Marcie and Chris, then finished our walk around the neighborhood. Felt sad today as one of my favorite TV stars passed away. Jeanne Cooper (Katherine Chancellor on The Young And The Restless) passed away at the age of 84. She had been in and out of the hospital for a few weeks. I have been watching her 30 of the 40 years she has been on Y&R and felt like I knew her personally. I remember her as a guest star on shows like Bonanza and Twilight Zone back in the 1960's. I hope they let her character die too because no one could ever replace her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay