Thursday, May 2, 2013

Very Hot...Very Windy

Woke up to a text on my cell phone this morning from my brother Keith, telling me that he “may have a job”. He was getting ready to go in for an interview. The wind blew very hard all night long and was still blowing when Hiker and I got out of bed. I had thought about taking her for a morning walk or hike, but the wind was blowing dust everywhere so we stayed home. Watching the television news, I saw several huge brush fires burning in SoCal. Whenever we have heat and wind, the crazies get out and start fires because they know that the wind will whip them up. I turned off my automatic sprinklers because when the wind is blowing this hard, the water blows everywhere and doesn't really water the lawn. The wind was still blowing very hard in the afternoon but I decided to get out for a short walk inside of our community around 2:30. We are much cooler than where the fires are. We got up into the mid-80s and they are breaking records in the mid-90s. Keith called me around noon and said that the job interview was OK but they have a few more people to talk to, so he has to now wait.



If you would like to read my article in this month's "The Mighty Oak" here is the link. My article is on page 10.

The Mighty Oak

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay