Friday, June 21, 2013

First Full Day Of Summer

Got up at 6 am as we had our Friday dog walk with Jean and her dogs at 7 am. After their walk and play date, Hiker and I had breakfast and then I went over to Sam's Club. Was already 84° when I got back home at 10:30 am. Jean told me that she had groomed her little dog Sassy on Wednesday but Sassy won't let her groom her legs or belly, so Jean wants me to come over this weekend and help her old Sassy while she tries again. We are going over to Heritage Junction on Sunday which is where our local museum is located in the old train station. My friend RuthAnne is a docent there and Jean is hoping for a guided tour from RuthAnne of the museum. I've been on the tour before, but I told Jean I'd take her over there. I told Jean I'd come over before we go to the museum and help her with Sassy. Once again Hiker made me laugh. We were out for a walk around Canyon Country Park this afternoon and as we were heading back to the car, Hiker was looking behind us and not paying attention to what was in front of her. She walked right into what Ben and I (and several other people we know) have always referred to as “donkey dicks” (pardon my French). Thank goodness it was made out of plastic so she didn't hurt herself, but it sure surprised her. She got her legs all tangled up and was trying to compose herself just like we humans do when we walk into something. For those of you who do not know what a “donkey dick” is, it is one of those orange things the highway workers use when they block off lanes.


Someone loves riding in the car

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay