Monday, June 10, 2013

Had An Afternoon Hike

OK...bragging rights (LOL). Hiker is so smart. Yesterday evening after dinner, she kept coming to me and barking and looking toward my small bedroom which I use as an office/guest room. I told her to show me what she wanted. Well I followed her into the bedroom and she went over to my printer, sat on the floor looking up to it and she barked. I had printed out an invoice about an hour before for something I had ordered on Amazon and usually I go in right after I print and take it off of the printer. Well I had forgotten to go in and get it off the computer and I guess she was telling me that because after I got it and put it on my desk, she “pranced” right back into the living room like she had accomplished what she needed to do. She got up on the sofa and went to sleep. She always hears the printer start up and runs in to look at it, so she knows when I print something. We went on our dog walk/play date with Jean and her dogs this morning. We had another marine layer, but it started burning off by around 8:30 am, then a cool ocean breeze started to come in. We live about 50 miles from the beach but there is a straight shot from Ventura straight up through the Heritage Valley to us and the breeze comes right up through that valley. After Jean left, I made some poached eggs for me and Hiker and the I went grocery shopping. When I got back from that, I put Hiker in the car and took her with me up to Sam's Club to fill my Corolla with gas. Sam's Club is 5¢ to 15¢ cheaper than all of the other gas stations around here. Hiker loves to go for car rides. After lunch I took Hiker over to Placerita Canyon for a hike. I won't be walking with her the next couple of days as tomorrow is my group/lunch with the ladies and Wednesday I am meeting some of my Lockheed retired girlfriends for lunch in Palmdale. Was nice when we were hiking in the shade, but got a little hot in the sun. Only got up to 82° here today. My brother Ron emailed me from Paradise, CA that he was having thunderstorms and rain today.

1 comment:

  1. Fascinating that Hiker realized you didn't follow your regular routine with the printer.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay