Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Muggy Day

When Hiker woke me up this morning at 6 am to go outside, I could hardly move. Don't know if I overdid it with my hike yesterday or if I was just in the sun too long or what but I felt like a train had hit me. I took some Ibuprofen and went back to bed for an hour and when I got up again a 7 am, I felt much better. I had almost thought about not going to my group today but I'm glad I did because it was interesting today. After group a few of us went over to Red Robin for lunch. I need to start getting something else there other than burgers because the last 2 times we've been there, I didn't think the burgers were as good as they used to be. We noticed that it was getting totally overcast and very hot and humid outside. I'm wondering if we are getting some of the remnants of the thunderstorms that hit up where my brother Ron lives yesterday. When I came home, I noticed that the thermometer near my home read 98° but it was only 90° on my patio. Hiker “helped” me put the trash outside and go to pick up the mail at the mailbox. When we got back inside the house, I noticed that something was flying around inside the house. I thought it was a fly at first. Hiker hunted it down and herded it over to the dining room window and that's when I noticed it was not a fly but a bee. I was so afraid that it was going to sing her. I got the fly swatter and killed it. Hiker will have to be alone for a few hours again tomorrow since I will be driving up to Palmdale to meet with my retired Lockheed girlfriends for lunch at the Sizzler.

1 comment:

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay