Friday, June 14, 2013

Friday With Keith

Didn't get much sleep last night. Keith is doing some consultant work that he was laid off from almost 2 years ago and they had him come out here to Santa Clarita to run some sound tests for a cell phone tower site proposal. He has to take readings late at night or early in the morning so he was out by where the cell tower will be built at 2 am this morning. I knew that when he finished he'd be coming over to my house and I knew that it would be sometime between 3 am and 5 am. I woke up just before 2 am and could not go back to sleep. I turned the TV on and finally started to doze back to sleep just before 4 am and that's when he called and said he was on his way. Once he got here, he crashed on the sofa and Hiker and I went back to bed. She was so excited to see him. He will be staying until late tomorrow afternoon then head home because his daughters have Father's Day planned with him. Originally he was going to go home this afternoon but I think he decided to stay because he knows that tomorrow is the second anniversary of Ben's passing and he didn't want me to be alone. Keith and I went out to lunch and then came back to get Hiker because we had promised her that we'd take her with us somewhere in the car. Keith wanted to go up to Vasquez Rocks to see the new Interpretive Center so that's where we went. I'm going to grill some steaks on my new grill for dinner. YUM!

1 comment:

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay