Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Pretty Good Wednesday

Got up at 7 am and took Hiker out on a 2 mile walk. The weather is best at that time of the morning. I wanted to get a walk in and I knew it would be too hot after I got home from lunch later. I met up with my friend Ed (Ben's best buddy) for lunch today. I met him at the Sizzler in Sunland and we had a really nice lunch. He was upset about one of his cats who just had surgery to remove a cancerous tumor from it's inner ear. He talked to the veterinary oncologist this morning and they said the cat is doing fine but cannot come home until Friday morning. I really need to force myself to stop eating such large portions of food. I have gained another 5 lbs in the past 2 months. I need to lose about 10 to 12 lbs. I know my problem is my portion sizes, plus I eat only comfort foods. My friend DeDee and I talked about this awhile back, that eating is a way of trying to fill the void of not having our husbands anymore. I had left Hiker with a peanut butter filled chew stick when I left hoping she would put her attention on it instead of watching for me to come home, but when I got back home, there was the stick, not touched, on the floor. Once she greeted me with kisses at the door, she ran to the stick and has been chewing on it ever since. My brother Keith is going in for some tests at Kaiser this afternoon to see what his doctor can do about his hiatal hernia. He is worried about the test because they stick a tube down his nose, all the way down to his stomach. I told him to let me know later how it went.

Here is a photo of Ben's buddy Ed

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a nice lunch. I understand what you mean about eating.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay