Monday, August 18, 2014

Hot Hot Monday

Up early for our dog walk with Jean. She had an extra dog with her today. She is boarding Dodger for a few days while his mom and dad are away. There were a lot of people out walking this morning. Guess they wanted to get out before it got too hot. It was already 88° by 10 am.
After breakfast I headed out to pick up my lottery tickets and I had to run over to Sam's Club and spend my money. Seems like I never get out of there for less that $75 anymore. This time I only bought a few things, but a couple of them were expensive, like my bag of frozen salmon fillets so it was over $90 this time.
When I got home I was putting my purchases away when I noticed something run across the floor in front of me. It was either a tiny lizard or a tiny salamander. It looked more like a salamander. It scared me and I shrieked. Hiker came running to see what was going on. I know she had not seen it earlier because she would have still been searching the entire house for it if she had of seen it. Anyway, I got my grabber stick and trapped it in the bathroom where I was able to grab it and take it outside.
After lunch I had to drive across the Santa Clarita Valley to pick up my refills for my three medications. Was pretty crowded at the pharmacy but the line moved along really fast. I still do not understand why when I got my Crestor for the first time back in March that it cost me $75 and the last two refills have only cost me $25. I'm not getting a generic because they don't have a generic for Crestor yet. But I'm not complaining.
It was already 100° when I got back home around 1:30 pm. I didn't do my indoor walking today because I decided to do my vacuuming instead. I've read that vacuuming is a form of low aerobics.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you were able to catch that salamander. I had a praying mantis in the house early this morning.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay