Sunday, August 17, 2014

Sleepy Sunday

Slept in a little this morning. I still find it amazing how dogs can tell time. Every morning between 5:45 am and 6 am, Hiker starts to stir. She moves around on the bed, getting into different positions and usually ends up on her back with her belly in the air. I pretend to ignore her. She then whines a little and again I pretend to ignore her. Then she get on the pillow right next to my head and starts poking me with her cold, wet nose. I roll over to face away from her so then she starts pawing at me and grunting. I finally have to give in and get up, feed her and let her outside. Once she comes back in, she goes back to bed and stretches out to sleep some more.
My brother Keith got through his colonoscopy with no problem. The results only showed diverticulitis, which he already knew he had, plus they said he has some internal hemorrhoids, which could have been the cause of the blood they found when he did the fecal test. However they still do not know what is causing his minor anemia and his vitamin D deficiency.
After I did some laundry and had lunch, I considered taking Hiker out for a drive since she loves riding in the car, but it was already 99° outside and I just was not in the mood to get out and drive.
Hiker was at the patio door having a fit, so I looked out into the yard and there was a squirrel on the fence, I let her out and she was barking and running around. The squirrel finally leaped from the fence to the tree and climbed to the top. After awhile, Hiker once again saw the squirrel stretched out on the fence. I got a picture of the squirrel when it got back into the tree and I'm afraid that it's going to keep teasing Hiker and the dogs that live behind me because it keeps running back and forth along the top of the fence. I finally closed the blinds on the sliding door, but that didn't stop Hiker from sticking her head between them to look outside.



1 comment:

  1. Glad your brother is okay. LOVE those photos of the squirrel. Poor Hiker being tormented by it.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay