Saturday, August 16, 2014

Saturday

Just before 6 am, I looked at my clock to see if it was time to get up at let Hiker outside and just then my power went out. I looked outside around the neighborhood and it appeared that the entire area was out. It came on about 8 or 10 minutes late. I decided to go back to bed when Hiker came back in and I dozed off. Just before 8 am, I heard my cell phone text message alert. It was my brother Keith. He is going in for a colonoscopy later today and he told me he was dreading drinking that nasty liquid they give you to clean yourself out.
As you all know, it was a colonoscopy that landed Ben in the hospital for emergency surgery due to his colon being twisted during the procedure. I have not had a colonoscopy since that time and I do not intend to ever have one again, and it worries me so much now when anyone I know is getting one.
Had some waffles for breakfast and then did a load of laundry and ran the dishwasher. I only run my dishwasher about every other week. I wash most of my dishes by hand since it's just me here.
Stayed inside all day as it was in the triple digits here today.

2 comments:

  1. I think of Ben every time some one in the family has colonoscopy.
    Hoping all will go well with your brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your brother's procedure goes well. I would feel exactly how you do, given what happened to your husband.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay