Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Pretty Good Day

Up at 7 am and had breakfast.
I needed to fill the car with gas since I drove up to Ventura and back yesterday, so I put Hiker in the car and we headed out. I also wanted to go to PetSmart, but it was only 8:15 am and they don't open until 9 am, so we stopped at the park and did a short walk...just under a mile. Then we headed up to Sam's Club to their gas station and then over to PetSmart.
The reason we went to PetSmart was because Hiker destroyed her favorite toy yesterday. It was a rubber squirrel with a blue bushy tail. My friend Judy Holdt (Hiker's “Aunt Judy”) had bought it for her a couple of months ago and it was the only toy Hiker played with since that time. Well yesterday, she chewed off “Squirrely's” rubber foot and she kept chewing on the rubber and she was swallowing it, so I didn't want her to get sick or injured from eating the rubber. Had to toss “Squirrely” into the trash. Thought maybe I could find her another one at PetSmart, but they didn't have anything just like it, so instead she picked out a fuzzy fox with a bushy tail. We call him “Foxy” and Hiker already knows his name.
As always, Hiker headed straight for the check out register when we entered PetSmart to look for the cookies they always have there, but there was not a person at the register right then, so she had to wait until we got done shopping and checked out.
After lunch, it was still in the mid to high 80s outside, so Hiker and I went out and sat on the patio for awhile. There was a nice breeze out there.
Tomorrow, I have Chem Dry coming to clean my carpet, so I need to get up early and move out the small furniture before they get here. Not planning on moving or having them move any of the big furniture (bed, sofa, etc.) since when I shampoo my carpet myself, I never move any of the big stuff out of the way. Since I don't walk on the carpet that is under the big furniture, it can't be very dirty anyway.
Hope it's not too hot outside tomorrow because I'll have to put Hiker outside while the carpet cleaner is here. I may even have to put myself outside for awhile to keep out of the way too.

1 comment:

  1. Glad Hiker got a cookie and new toy. Sounds like your eyes are doing better.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay