Saturday, July 4, 2015

Happy Birthday America and Happy Birthday Hiker

Stayed in bed until around 7:15 or so. By 7:30 am, Hiker and I were out for a morning walk. The weather this morning was beautiful, so decided we needed to get out. We did just over 2 miles.
Hiker and I both need to lose some weight. We are both getting fat.
Today was Hiker’s “honorary” birthday. When I first met her in August of 2011, they told me she was around 12 to 14 months old. After I adopted her, I started figuring that she was probably born around July of 2010, so I made July 4th her birthday. I figured that way, everyone could celebrate our country’s birthday and Hiker’s birthday at the same time.
When we got back from our walk, I made some waffles for breakfast, then put the laundry into the washer and also sorted my meds, vitamins and supplements for next week.
Watched some TV. The Smithsonian Channel is showing the first 13 colonies on “Aerial America”.
The weather was so nice outside that Hiker and I spent about an hour on the patio. It was in the high 80s and there was a really nice breeze. I could smell people BBQing. Jean told me that the cul-de-sac behind us always does a block party on July 4th, so I’m guessing that is wear the wonder smells were coming from.
Came back in when it started getting a little warm and did some Wii Sports for about 45 minutes, then turned “Aerial America” back on.
My Plantar Fasciitis was not bothering me this morning when Hiker and I did our 2 mile walk, but this afternoon it is killing me. Have been icing it and stretching it. I ordered some custom made shoe inserts from Footsmart.com but it’s going to take a while until they get them made and sent back to me. They send me some foam to make impressions of my feet and I mailed those back to them about 2 days ago, so I probably won’t see the inserts for another 2 weeks or so. If they don’t help my pain, I will have to break down and get a referral from my PCP to see a podiatrist, although I’ve had so many people tell me that they went to podiatrists for their Plantar Fasciitis and the doctor did nothing to help them.


1 comment:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY HIKER. Sounds like you both had a Happy 4th of July.Hopefully the inserts will help your feet.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay