Monday, July 13, 2015

Morning Walk And Then Relax

Up early for our Monday dog walk with Jean. We did a little over 2 miles, but it’s not really as much exercise and it seems because when you are walking 4 dogs, they stop constantly to sniff things. But it still helps to get the 10,000 steps we need each day.
So yesterday when that fire broke out a few miles from me, the first thing that went through my mind was the Acton fire of 2007 when Ben was alive and he and I had to evacuate. The smoke smelled so bad, but you really could not see it, so I’m thinking it was blowing away from us. They got it out pretty quickly which was a very good thing.
After our dog walk and after having some breakfast this morning, Hiker and I went down to the liquor store where I always by my lottery tickets. When I pulled up the owner (Albert) waved me off and told me that the strip mall had no power. So I’ll have to go back later or tomorrow to get my tickets. I could have driven somewhere else to get them, but the liquor store is the closest and most convenient.
Started getting warm outside around 1 pm, but was able to keep the A/C off until around 2 pm.
Had thought about going out with Hiker for another walk, but after lunch, the pavement had gotten too hot for her little paws.

1 comment:

  1. Thank goodness the fire did not spread. Sounds a little too close for comfort though. Glad they put it out.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay