Saturday, July 18, 2015

Thunder And A Little Rain

Slept in this morning. I think the anxiety I get when I’m getting an eye injections wears me out. I was really tired when I let Hiker outside at 6 am. We went back to bed until 8 am.
Got up, had some breakfast, sorted my meds and supplements for next week, put a load of laundry into the machine.
Around 9 am, started to hear thunder. Looked outside and saw the sky filing up with clouds. Hiker would bark every time she’d her a clap of thunder. I was surprised that she wasn’t trying to hide in the corner of my bedroom.
I knew we had a chance of rain due to the remnants of Hurricane Dolores. We were getting the outer bands of the storm.
Just before 11 am, it started to rain and some more thunder rumbled. It rained for about 15 or 20 minutes, but we need more than that.
I was afraid my mowers would not show up, but they did and they mowed and edged while it was raining.
Just before noon, the sun peeked out a little again, but then went back behind the clouds.
A little after 1 pm, Hiker and I went for a walk. It was still very cloudy and very humid and the sky rumbled the entire time we were out. We did about a mile and a half.



2 comments:

  1. I am glad you got some rain, I hope you get some more. Cool sky captures! Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how much the rain helps you. Here it causes flooding. Glad your eye seems to be doing well. Sounds like Hiker has made peace with the thunder.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay