Saturday, December 19, 2015

Fudge, Cookies And Rain

Hiker and I slept in this morning. I woke up around 1:30 am with a sore throat. That’s not a good thing because usually when I get a sore throat, it eventually turns into a full-blown cold. I had a couple of Airborne Cold Tablets left from the beginning of this year when I got really sick, so I dissolved one in some water and drank it. Woke up again about 3 hours later and throat was still sore, so I used the last tablet. When we got up around 8 am, my throat felt much better.
Hiker seems to be feeling much better. I guess it’s because I’ve been giving her the Metacam medication that the vet gave me for her back pain. Last night she jumped up on the bed and did not cry and she’s been running around playing and jumping up on the sofa and seems to not be in any pain. I’m going to give her the Metacam tomorrow and may Monday and then I’m going to stop giving it to her for a while and see how she does. The vet didn’t not tell me how long to give it to her. The label on the box says to give it “as needed”. Since I read that it is a very strong Nsaid and that it can cause internal bleeding, I don’t want her on it for a prolonged time.
Her feeling better is the best Christmas gift she can give to me.
I spent the day watching a “CSI: Crime Scene Investigation” marathon on TV and making fudge and baking cookies. Made a pan of peanut butter fudge, another of plain chocolate fudge and another of chocolate walnut fudge. Also made a batch of sugar cookies and a batch of peanut butter cookies.
Seems like my peanut butter fudge never comes out right. It doesn’t seem to solidify. Maybe I’ll quit making that kind.
Started to drizzle her around 2:45 pm and by 3:00 pm it was raining pretty hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay