Thursday, December 17, 2015

Hiker Was A Good Girl At The Clinic

Hiker woke me up at 5:15 am wanting to go outside to potty. It was 28°, so as soon as she got back into the house, we went right back to bed and did not get out from under the covers until 7 am. I was surprised that Hiker had jumped up onto the bed since she seems to have a sore muscle. I was not back into the room when she did it, so I don’t know if she whimpered when she jumped up there or not.
I can really see the capsule they injected into my eye this time. Usually it takes a few days or weeks before I start seeing it floating around inside my eye, but this time, I saw it as soon as he injected it and now it keeps floating across my vision every now and then. This capsule is full of steroids and slowly dissolves. That’s why it lasts for 4 to 6 months until I have to have another one.
Hiker did really good at her dental appointment. A young Asian girl cleaned Hiker’s teeth and she said Hiker was really good about it. The only problem she found was a fractured back tooth that appears to have been broken 2 to 4 years ago. She said the pulp shows a little bit, but it looks like the tooth has “healed” itself because it didn’t bleed when she cleaned it and Hiker doesn’t seem to have any pain in the area of the tooth. She told me to try to brush that one tooth at least once a day to try to keep as much tartar and plaque off of it as possible. They told me to bring her back in 2 months for a check-up which will only cost me $20 and that I probably should bring her in every 2 months to keep an eye on the tooth. When they clean their teeth, they wrap them up tightly in a towel and sit on the floor with the dog’s head in their lap. I noticed once when the door was opened that Hiker was just lying there and not causing any problem, but when they got done and brought her out to me, all she wanted to do was get out of there (LOL).
I also had the vet check Hiker out to see what he thought was causing her pain when she jumps. He said he didn’t think it was a pulled muscle because she walked fine and because I told him she still runs around and plays. He said because it only hurts her when she tries to jump that it sounds like she tweaked her back. He gave me an oral spray to give her once a day for pain and inflammation. Hopefully that will help her. If not, I’ll take her to another vet.
I just let Hiker relax in the house all day to maybe help her get better. Tonight my neighbor Jean and I are going to walk around our community to look at the Christmas lights. I was going to take Hiker, but I think I’ll leave her at home because I think she might be better if she does not get out and walk up and down the hills in the cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay