Thursday, August 23, 2012

Hiker And The Bubble Machine

Headed over to Wal-Mart first thing this morning then took Hiker for a short 1 mile walk and then washed my Corolla. We had a cloud burst a couple of weeks ago and it really made my car dirty and I got tired of looking through water spots on my windows. I don't know what was going on with my TV in the living room last night. I was watching an “NCIS” marathon and my TV just went off. I turned off the power and turned it back on and still nothing. I went into the bedroom and turned on the TV there to see if maybe the cable was out, but the TV in the bedroom was working. Came back into the living room and unplugged the TV and checked all of the cable connections on the digital box and turned the TV back on and it was working. About 15 minutes later, it went off again. Got it to come back on and it stayed on the rest of the evening and it's been fine today. It could be my TV because Ben and I bought the TV about 5 or 6 years ago and from what I've heard flat screen HD TVs only last about 5 or 6 years, but I'm thinking more that it might be my digital box because I've had it for quite a long time now and they do go bad. If it happens again, I'll go get a new box from Time Warner and see if that helps before I put any money into a new TV. After lunch I headed over to Party City because I saw they were having a clearance sale and they had bubble machine included in the sale. I got one for about $20 and Hiker is loving it. I turned it off for awhile and she just sat in front of it waiting for more bubbles to come out so I had to turn it back on for her. She wants to just sit right in front of it and grab the bubbles as soon as they come out of the machine. Silly doggy. I saw on The Weather Channel that Hurricane Isaac is heading for the Gulf of Mexico. I hope any online friends I have in those southern states will be safe.

3 comments:

  1. How fun, I'm gonna have to look into getting one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE bubble machines. I got one for myself a while back. I often sit on the patio and use it. LOVE the fact Hiker is thrilled by it. ENJOY. Hope your TV problems get resolved. take care.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay