Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Boy Did I Get A Good Deal

I was sleepy this morning because I stayed up late last night watching the returns and listening to the speeches. I received another one of those free $10 gift card from Kohl's in the mail the other day. I headed up there this morning and would you believe I got a pair of Gloria Vanderbilt jeans for the grand total of 53 cents? The regular price on them was $34.99 but I found them on the clearance rack for $10.49 and. I used the my gift card and only had to pay the balance and the tax. The cashier said he wished he could find a pair of pants for 53 cents. On the way back home, I stopped at Stater Brothers to do my grocery shopping. All I heard was people complaining about the election. Now I am a Democrat and I did vote for Obama, but I live in a prominently Republican city. Everyone was saying that they don't know why we bother voting when our individual votes (the popular vote) don't count, that the election is determined by the electoral vote. Yes, the popular vote was close, but obviously those people did check it carefully because Obama did get more of the popular vote than Romney, so they got their wish. Back in the 2000 presidential election, Al Gore actually got more of the popular vote than George Bush, but Bush went to the White House because he won the electoral vote. Hiker and I went out for a morning walk when I got home from shopping. It was about 74° out there and I was sweating. Started feeling sleepy again around 2:30 pm. Don't know if Hiker and I will get out for a second walk today or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay