Saturday, November 3, 2012

Hiker's A Big Chicken

Hiker got me up at 6:00 am to let her outside. When she got done, we went back to bed and didn't get up until 8:00 am. Well I should say, I didn't get up until 8:00. Hiker got up around 7:30 and then just before 8:00, she came back in and jumped on me and started licking me which means “get up mom”. I had to turn the furnace on at 6:00 am to get the chill off of the house. When I finally got up, I made some pancakes for breakfast and then headed out with Hiker for a morning walk. For some reason, I just could not get myself going this morning. Turned on the TV and saw that Hallmark is already showing Christmas movies. I came upon a short video of Ben on my computer this morning. It made me cry. I'd been having a “teary” morning anyway for some reason. I've been doing so well, but now and then, there are still those times that memories flood back and tears flow. I just keep thinking Ben was supposed to be with me at least another 20 years. After lunch I took Hiker over to Central Park. There were only a couple of dogs in the dog park (Central Bark) so I took her into the dog run area. All she did was stand behind me or stand between my legs. She plays fine with the neighbor's dogs, but she is still frightened by dogs she does not know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay