Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

What am I thankful for today? I am thankful that I have Hiker. She gives me a reason to get up in the morning. I am thankful for my brothers. I am lucky to have them. Several of my friends no longer have their siblings. I am thankful that my brother Keith got a call from his ex-employer to have him do some consultant work for them. He's been out of work for over a year. Hopefully they will eventually hire him back full time. I am thankful for my nieces and nephews, my own and the ones I have in Ben's family. I am thankful for Ben's brother and sister. They are still my family. There are several people in my grief support group who's in-laws no longer consider them part of their family since their spouse has died. I am grateful for my grief support group. They have made me stronger. I am thankful for my friends...old and new, including my online friends. I am thankful that I have food to eat and a roof over my head. Hiker and I slept in a little this morning. Got up put my turkey roast into my crock pot and had breakfast and then went to buy my Lotto ticket. Came back home, cleaned my master bathroom and then took Hiker for a walk. It was warm and breezy outside. When we got back home, Hiker wanted me to go out to the backyard and play with her, which I did for awhile. She wears me out (LOL). Been trying to decide if I want to start using my fireplace again this winter. If I do, I really should have it inspected since I have not used it since a couple of winters before Ben died. Went for a second short walk just before 2:00 pm. Such a beautiful day outside. Will probably have dinner around 4:00 pm.

1 comment:

  1. Bless your heart. It is hard to get used to the holidays when your life was turned upside down. I'm glad you have Hiker too. Love the photo. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay