Saturday, December 15, 2012

Another Lazy Day

Had a nice time at the community Christmas party last night. There were about 200 people there. I met some nice people who live in the community. The food was good and there was Christmas music. The did a raffle for the kids and a raffle for the adults and gave out many prizes. They also gave out prizes for the 3 best decorated homes in the community and my neighbor Jean won 3rd place. One of our gate guards who lives in the community (Marty) played Santa and all of the kids got to sit on his lap. Several adults did too (LOL). We were there for about 2 hours. When we left around 9:00 pm, it was cold and raining outside. We had walk home around 2 blocks, but it wasn't too bad. Hiker was so happy when I came through the door. I had left the lights and the TV on for her while I was gone. When we got up this morning, it was about 38°. We had breakfast and then headed out for a morning walk. The sun was out but it was still very cold. Cannot believe that as of today, Ben has been gone for 18 months. Where has the time gone? But it still feels like it was not that long ago. I still feel him here with me. Hiker was having a fit awhile ago. She saw a kitty on "her" fence in the side yard. I don't know how she relates to cats one-on-one. I was very sunny most of the day but stayed cool outside. Around 2:30 pm it started getting very cloudy again. Got an email from my brother Ron in Paradise, CA. He said it was starting to snow there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay